A team of highly skilled divers is launching an ocean search at 7 AM this morning (Friday) near where Laura was last known to be. Ground searches and clean-up efforts in the area also continue. Tracking dogs are being enlisted to return and search areas not yet covered.
Anyone on Maui who would like to help can print and circulate this Laura Vogel Missing flyer anywhere on the island. For example, it's helpful to have people distributing flyers at festivals, community gatherings, and other public events or posting the flyer in stores, gas stations, or other public places.
A grassroots network of people interested in finding Laura has been growing, and many people who have not met Laura have joined the campaign to find her. Fans of the Find Laura Vogel Facebook Page continue to build community around Laura, even in her absence:
- "What really has made Laura so real and alive and compelling to me is this [FB] page. It is all of you who have posted your anecdotes and favorite Laura pictures, and have shared your hearts with those of us who have not had the privilege of knowing her first-hand. That is why I joined the search party the other day: I feel her in all of you, and that has made her so real to me."
- "I, too, wish I had the privilege of knowing Laura before all of this happened. All of the stories and love that is being shown for her proves what an absolutely wonderful person she must be and how blessed are the ones who call her a friend. It's hard to not be moved by all of the love and want to do anything in your power to help bring her back."
- Maui Police at 808-244-6400 (Case #10-14126),
- Maui Crime Stoppers at 808-242-6966,
- Find Laura Vogel Private Tip Line at 1-888-524-0218.
Mahalo nui loa, everyone!